What is SEO/ Search Engine Optimization?
SEO is the abbreviated term for “Search Engine Optimization”. It is the practice of increasing organic traffic to a website and increasing exposure of your brand through legitimate and natural search results.
SEO is about understanding the search results of the people around the world like the answers they want, the words that are being used, and the content they want a view. SEO is as much about people as it is about search engines. Knowing SEO will help you answer these questions and will help you to connect to the people who are searching for the solutions that you have provided. SEO also helps to exclude unimportantly and paid traffic. SEO is performed so that a website can gain more traffic from a search engine. It is achieved by improving the website rank higher in the search engine results page(SERP). The visitors can be potential customers which helps in the growth of the website.
SEO is very different from local search engine optimization because local search engine optimization focuses on improving a business online presence so that their web pages will be shown first when a user enters a local search. At the same time, SEO is more focused on national and global searches.
TYPES OF SEO
There are various types of SEO such as Technical SEO, On-Page SEO, Content SEO, Off-Page SEO, Local SEO, eCommerce SEO, and Mobile SEO.
It is about the web page and helps to make the pages friendlier to users and search engines.
The ranking of a website is performed on its page-level basis even though the search engines consider the site as a whole.
On-Page SEO Guidelines:
Optimizing page titles: This is a significant SEO factor. The page titles are shown in the results, and they should be exciting and catchy so that more users click on it. The page title also gives the search bots clues about the contents of the website.
Optimizing H1 Tag: The H1 tag is shown as the top heading of a page in the SERPs. A well-optimized page only contains one H1 card and has the same value as the page title.
Optimizing the Headings: On a web page, there are many sub-headings other than the main heading. They are used to divide different sections of the page. The sub-headings makes it easier for the user to read the content and also helps the crawlers to scan the page.
Page Formatting: Every web-page needs to have some image or animation along with the text. If you are publishing the page without doing it, then the page will not look attractive and beautiful, which is not good SEO practice. Google always shows the websites with proper page formatting at the top of the search results because page formatting helps during the ranking process.
This part is about promotion. It mainly focuses on the techniques that you use to promote your website. The more popular websites are ranked higher on Google.
Important Off-Page SEO Methods:
Brand Promotion: The well-known brands are ranked higher in the results by Google because more people are familiar with it and have trust in them.
You have to work on promoting your brand and try to start a conversation with people because if you promote it well, then the people would go on social media and talk about your brand which will help you gain traffic as Google pick up these signals and rank the websites higher.
Link Building: This is a process of getting back-links from other websites. It helps to increase the authority of the website and gains the trust of the users.
It focuses on the technical parameters that affect the visibility of a website. Its main job is to ensure that the crawlers can index a website without any problems.
Important Technical SEO Guidelines:
- Optimize the site and URL structure.
- Create websites with faster loading time on both phones and computers.
- Use COVERAGE to fix crawl errors.
- Follow SEO friendly designs.
This SEO is a sub-set of On-Page SEO, and it focuses on the quality of the content and works on it to make it better. This is an important SEO, and its guidelines can be found under On-Page SEO.
This is important only for local businesses. This SEO is used only if your website’s goal is to get clients to visit your store. You need to have your business name, address, and contact details on your web pages.
This is an SEO specific for mobile devices, and it’s becoming more and more integral because more than 60% of searches are performed on mobile phones. This is the reason why Google has started indexing mobile-friendly websites.
eCommerce has slowly become a vast industry, and when it comes to its optimization, its more complicated than working on a corporate website. There are hundreds of pages to optimize, and it isn’t easy to promote these websites.
HOW CAN IT BE USED?
There are many different ways of using SEO:
- Identify and Use Keywords: They are the most critical and integral part of SEO. Using appropriate keywords will allow the crawlers to pick up specific words from your content and lead users to your website.
- Updating Your Content Regularly: The search engines are becoming pickier in this area because the people don’t want to see old content. You need to keep your website fresh and exciting by updating it regularly.
- Invest in Advertisements: It is a great way to increase traffic, but they cost money. Nowadays, the majority of the online advertisements work on a ‘pay per click’ model which means you only have to pay when someone clicks on the ad and visits your website.
- Social Media Promotion: You can increase the exposure of your website by only making a social media page. This can help your website gain traffic quickly. You can take advantage of sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
IMPORTANCE AND USAGE OF KEYWORDS IN SEO
The most useful step to finding the most popular and effective keywords is to organize a list of topics and services that you suggest. You have to carefully choose those keywords that clearly outline your business idea and merchandise to bring more visitors and potential customers from search engines. You have to remember that using generic keywords will attract the non-targeted audience. It would help if you placed your selected keywords at the Title tags, Headings, Anchor Texts, and Direction links of your website. Once you have completed your analysis for SEO, your next step is to list down the content and optimize it for the search engines. The best tool to achieve this is Google Keyword AdWords Tool. It is one of the most reliable and also free of cost. The device will give you a list of daily or monthly searches, and by studying them, you can modify your keywords.
A keyword analysis is one of the most important factors of SEO. The importance of keywords have been discussed below:
- Keyword analysis impacts each SEO task which includes promotion, on-page SEO and finding topics for the content.
- Keywords assist you in discerning the thoughts and wishes of your target audience. The keywords offer you insight into what potential customers are looking for and also the exact words that they use.
- They help you understand the customers better, which is the reason most of the significant companies employ people for customer analysis. It enables you to market your thoughts better to your customers.
You will be able to use the exact keywords that were used by the customers, and it will help increase your website’s ranking. The higher you get your rank, the more efficiently the customers will find your sites from their searches.
There are many benefits of SEO, which are listed below:
- It increases sales.
- It helps to boost branding.
- It helps to get back-links.
- It brings more followers on social media.
- It brings traffic to your website.
- It helps to build brand awareness.
- It creates a synergy of marketing activities.
HOW DOES IT HELP OUR WEBSITE?
An established SEO company will provide you services so that you can increase the ranking of your website. They are professionals, so their expertise will help your site get fully optimized, which will help your branding a lot and make it more successful.
Suppose our content is full of popular keywords, then it will help your website a lot. But it does not mean that you will fill your site with keywords. The correct strategy is to include the relevant keywords in the right places on your website. These keywords will inform the search engines about your content, and then the search engines will mirror information to people based on those keywords.
Reaching out to an SEO company will also bring you lots of benefits. They are experts in this field, and they will help your website and your business grow a lot.
By attracting users to your website, you can get qualified leads and increase your sales with little marketing costs.